The Gizoo Statement of Privacy
Last Updated 1st December 2009
Gizoo.co.uk is owned and operated by the Serif group of companies. Gizoo is a brand and trading name of the Serif group of companies which includes Serif (Europe) Ltd and Serif Inc.
Gizoo is a trading name of Serif (Europe) Ltd (“we”, “our” or “us”) registered in England number 2117968 with registered offices at: The Software Centre, 12 Wilford Ind Est, Nottingham NG11 7EP, UK. Telephone: UK - 0845 6740484 Intl.- +44 115 9145472
Personal Data does not include information such as data, messages, text, graphics, images, photos, video, sounds, profiles, works of authorship and any other materials that have been posted on to the Gizoo.co.uk web site. The use of this information is detailed in our Terms and Conditions.
Who controls the Personal Data that is collected?
How do we collect Personal Data?
What Is Personal Data used for?
Do we share Personal Data?
What is a Cookie?
How can you gain access to your Personal Data?
How secure is your Personal Data?
Do we transfer Personal Data overseas?
Do we monitor and/or record communications?
All Personal Data collected is in the control of Gizoo. In the event that Gizoo, its parent company or trading names and brands were subject to a change of ownership, the control and permissions that you have granted us with regard to your Personal Data will be transferred to the new owner.
The Personal Data we collect is essential in helping us to provide an excellent overall experience for our customers when working with Gizoo and for helping us to continually improve that experience.
There are several types of personal information we collect:
- When you become a member of our Web Site, a profile is created which will include Personal Data and preferences such as your desire to receive marketing communications from us.
- When you place an order with us, we will request all the Personal Data required to process the order including personal contact information and preferences such as your desire to receive marketing communications from us.
- Assuming you have consented to receiving marketing communications, we will use “image tracking” to ascertain whether you do or do not read our emailed marketing messages. It is worth remembering that all our marketing messages include full information on how to unsubscribe (stop receiving) future messages.
- To allow log-in and full access to our Web Site in order for you to keep the Personal Data in your profile up to date and to personalise your Web Site experience.
- Assuming you have consented to receiving marketing communications, to notify you of new products, special offers, updated information and news.
- To enhance our order processing system with tools such order confirmation emails, product despatch notification and to make contact in the case of any difficulty.
- To generally help us improve the Gizoo experience for you and others.
We also use the information for internal analysis to:
- Identify areas of the Website in need of improvement.
- Build customer profiles to improve the relevancy of the Website.
You can adjust the personal information that is stored by Gizoo by editing your My Account details.
We will not share your Personal Data with third parties without having obtained your permission. We will only disclose your personal information, without your permission or notice, if required to do so by law or in good faith believe that such action is necessary to:
- Conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us.
- Protect and defend our lawful rights and property.
- Act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our customers and the public.
If you choose to delete our cookies or set your internet browser to not accept cookies from us, you will still be able to view our Web Site. However you will not experience a personalised visit or be able to benefit from other personalised features.
You can access your user information by accessing your profile through the log-in process of our Web Site. You can use your profile to access your orders information, keep your personal information up to date and to set what marketing communications you wish to receive.
You can request and obtain details of the Personal Data we may hold about you by writing to:
Data Protection Manager
12 Wilford Ind Est
Please quote your name and address together with your Customer ID. We would be grateful if you could also provide brief details of the information required as this will help us to accurately respond to your request.
For the protection of all our customers, we will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any Personal Data we may hold about you and we will aim to respond to such requests within 20 working days.
We recognise that people are increasingly concerned about the protection of Personal Data from misuse and abuse, and about privacy in general. We constantly review and enhance our technical, physical and managerial procedures in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of Personal Data in order to protect it from unauthorised access, accidental loss and/or destruction.
We use industry standard 128 bit secure sockets layer (SSL) technology to encrypt sensitive information such as your credit card and other financial information.
It is important for you to remember to protect yourself against unauthorised access by guarding your password. For example, if you use a shared PC, make sure you logout or close your browser whenever you leave the PC.
Please visit the following websites for further information: